|Synopsis||Semen Analysis||Sperm Processing||Semen Cryopreservation||Books published||Contact us|
Dr. R. S. Jeyendran, a graduate in Veterinary Medicine from the University of Ceylon, Sri Lanka, and with a M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, and Diploma in High Complexity Laboratory Director and Andrology Laboratory Director from American Board of Bioanalysis, Missouri. Dr. Jeyendran scientist, author, inventor, teacher, administrator, veterinarian, has been involved with reproductive physiology with emphasis on the male since 1974.
Director, Andrology Laboratory Services, Inc., Chicago, Illinois (1990 - Present); androlab.com.
A reference clinical laboratory specializing in semen analysis, sperm processing, cryopreservation, sperm DNA integrity and other related assays.
Director, In-Vitro Lab, Tinley Park, Illinois (2003 – Present) ; myivfbaby.com.
State of the Art laboratory specializing in all aspects of Assisted Reproductive Technology.
Director, SKJ LLC, Lisle, Illinois (2007 - Present)
Research and Development laboratory devoted to semen quality assays, sperm processing procedures and cryopreservation. Present research endeavors are in developing newer procedures or approaches to aid in understanding male infertility; embryo quality determination; hormone assay development.
Director, MILAB, Lombard, Illinois (2015 - Present); milab.us.
Reproductive Immunological Laboratory dedicated to the diagnosis of immunologic causes of reproductive failure, infertility, and/or recurrent pregnancy loss.
Illinois Clinical Laboratory Director, (1986-1990)
Dr. Jeyendran has published more than 325 book chapters, reviews, publications and abstracts. Dr. Jeyendran has researched and contributed significantly to studies in male infertility. Several of these original contributions have been accepted by peers as significant; one publication is internationally recognized as a standard for sperm quality.
Dr. Jeyendran has authored three medical books, two trade books and two booklets in the field of Andrology and Reproductive Physiology; booksbyjay.com/
Dr. Jeyendran has patented three inventions important to the fields of reproduction and physiology.
§ U.S. Patent 5,575,914: Sperm Filter Trap Having Compressed Glass Wool Filter Material, marketed by COOK OB/GYN as the “Cook Sperm Filter”.
§ U.S. Patent 5,536,243: Time-Release Insemination Device.
§ U.S. Patent 5,559,040: Pulsing and Oscillating Methods of Centrifugation for Improving the Recovery of Viable Cells.
· DNA IDCHECK a buccal swab sample tests, is currently marketed by Walgreens E-Commerce for routine “peace of mind” parentage confirmation
Over the years he had mentored students, residents and fellows in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine.
· Research Associate, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at the Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois (1980-83)
· Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois (1983-89)
· Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern
University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois (1989-98)
· Associate Professor (Clinical), Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
Northwestern university Medical School, Chicago, Illinois (1993-98)
· Research Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern
University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois (1998-04)
· President, Saivite Tamil Foundation (2006 – Present); www.saivite.org.
A non-profit organization (Saivite.org)
· Chairman, SOS Rhino (2004 – 2008)
A non-profit, international foundation dedicated to preserving the five rhinoceros species in their natural habitats.
· Chairman, Sustainable Livelihood Development Fund (2016 to present); sldfund.org.
A non-profit tax exempt organization to promote sustainable livelihood projects that empower war victims by helping them acquire the skills, knowledge, equipment and capital needed to start their own small enterprises and reliable income-generating activities.
· B.V.Sc. (D.V.M.) degree, Second Class Honors (1972)
· Student Leadership and Service Award, U of Minnesota (1977)
· Sigma XI - Northwestern University Chapter (1989)
· Who's who in Science and Engineering (1993)
· Veterinary Surgeon, Sri Lanka (1973-74)
· Research Assistant, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota (1974-78)
· Adjunct Consultant in Reproductive Biology Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago Park
District, Chicago, Illinois (1992)